I’ve always loved Acai Bowls and recently started making them at home. This dark purple berry has two times the antioxidants as a blueberry! These little berries are known as the “Beauty Berry” and truly does the body good from the inside out. Acai berries offer health benefits such as boosting your immune system, improving metobolic function and is amazing for your skin and hair! Many consider Acai berries to be a Superfood because of its many health benefits including weight loss and anti-aging properties, but there has been a recent study that shows they also aid fertility. So they help me look younger and help aid in my fertility? Sign me up!!!
Here is why it is great for fertility and your overall health! Enjoy!
Acai Berries and Blueberries – Both of these berries are superfoods and rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants help protect our cells from Free Radicals that damage cells that can lead to inflammation, disease which includes cells in our reproductive system (eggies). Delicious and full of benefits!!!
Banana – This yummy fruit is loaded with potassium and B6. B6 helps regulate your hormones which is a crucial when you’re trying to conceive. Not enough B6 can lead to irregular periods and poor egg and sperm quality. A yummy and easy snack to grab for both you and your man!
Kiwi – This beautiful exotic fruit contains 10% of the recommended Folate intake. Folate is vital for expectant mommy/baby and helps prevent Neural Tube Birth Defects, such as Spina Bifida. Additionally, it contains Vitamin C and Zinc. Zinc helps increase testosterone in men which can increase sperm count.
- 1-2 packs of Frozen Acai (I use the brand Sambazon which you can buy in most grocery stores or health food stores)
- 1-2 Bananas Granola (I use Kind Healthy Grains – Low Fat Raspberry Clusters with Chai Seeds)
- 1 handful of blueberries
- 1/2 a kiwi
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup of coconut water or water
- 5 Frozen Strawberries
- Run warm water over Frozen Acai pack(s) for 10 seconds.
- Add Frozen Strawberries, 1/2 of the blueberries, 1 banana and coconut water or water into the NutriBullet/Blender.
- Blend until smooth. Add the Acai Blend into a bowl.
- Top it with cut bananas, kiwi, blueberries, granola and coconut flakes.
Hope you enjoy!!!
Love and Baby Dust,